This article will be real simple to read. If you apply the fat loss rules down below, you WILL burn pounds of fat lightning fast!
1. Aim for a 500 calorie deficit daily. This equates to a 1 lb. of weight loss per week. DO NOT decrease your calorie deficit below 500 calories as this could end up causing your metabolism to slow down.
2. Adopt a diet high in proteins and fats but limit the BAD carbs (sugary foods).
3. Consume slow digesting carbs (fiber). These are considered as low GI foods and they will keep your blood sugar levels constant.
4. Drink 2 glasses of icy cold water daily. This will boost your metabolic rate due to an increase in norepinephrine.
5. Drink about 3 to 4 cups of tea without sugar daily. It can be green tea, black tea or oolong tea. This will BOOST your metabolism.
6. Eat eggs as a form of protein. It’s an excellent source. Studies have shown that people who consume eggs have less hunger cravings and lose more weight.
7. Consume fish oil supplements. They are rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids. They aid with fat loss, heart health, and more.
8. Drink a glass of raw milk a day if you can obtain it. It is rich in fat, calcium and protein. Otherwise, I recommend organic milk.
9. Eat an apple a day. They are rich in anti-oxidants and have many health benefits. A compound in apples known as apple polyphenols has been shown to increase muscular strength, boost endurance and promote fat loss. This is definitely a must have in your diet.
10. Eat a handful of nuts daily. Almonds, macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts, etc. They are rich in fat and have many health benefits.
11. Drink at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water daily. Your body needs water and oxygen to metabolize the fat. Not being properly hydrated will mean that your fat loss progress is hindered.
12. Include whey protein in your diet. If your budget allows it, get a tub of whey protein from your health store and make a protein shake for yourself before bed daily. It will help with muscle recovery and growth.
13. Skip the artificial sweeteners. There is a lot of debate about whether they are safe or not. What really matters is that artificial sweeteners tend to affect the brain’s ability to regulate calorie intake. That means you feel hungry more often, experience cravings and end up consuming more calories. I recommend a natural sweetener such as Stevia.
14. Consume CLA supplements. They have been proven to aid fat loss.
15. Have an exercise program that combines both cardio and weight training together. This will ensure that you will burn the most fat in the shortest possible time. Also, don’t worry ladies, you WILL NOT get bigger! You only get bigger if you take pills that increases testosterone.
16. Do your cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Your body will burn its fat stores directly.
17. Lift heavier weights every now and then excess post-exercise oxygen consumption will lead to an elevated metabolic rate that lasts for hours. That means you keep burning calories long after you have finished working out.
18. Motivate yourself daily with photos or quotes or even body transformation videos. It is easy to get de-motivated along the way.
19. Weigh yourself only once a week and NOT daily, and then so first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. This will accurately track your progress and keep you focused.
20. Get your body composition measured. Sometimes your weight on the scale may not change but that does not mean you have not lost fat. Your fat loss may have been offset with lean muscle gain. The only way to be sure will be to do a body composition test.
These are the 20 rules to fat loss. Of course, there are many more but if you just follow these 20, you will be way ahead of the pack and will see results quickly and your dream of a toned body will become a reality.